Aquatic Hobbyists in Nor Cal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Beware of Congo1040

2 posters

Go down

Please Beware of Congo1040 Empty Please Beware of Congo1040

Post by tiger27924 Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:23 pm

Saw that he had listed his zebra plecos twice, so I contacted him and made an offer (auctions below)

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ishp1348267560

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ishp1349074172

We made a deal and then setup a shipping date. He insisted on Delta Cargo direct, and I would pay upon pickup, and I was fine with that. I emailed him back to let him know that a courier would be waiting for the fish and then they would drive them directly to me (I use them for shipping horse semen on a regular basis because its an hour long drive from the airport). I wanted to make sure the Cargo folks knew to release the package to the courier company. Then I tried to call to confirm, and email, and text and heard nothing back for 3 days or so. I left voicemails, and sent multiple emails, and still no response, and the shipping day came and went. So I opened a dispute in Paypal to see what was going on. Well, after that I called him from a completely different phone number, and he answered right away, obviously surprised, and made up some excuse that he would have to "refund" my money since he wasn't comfortable with a courier (why he couldn't tell me that in an email or call me back, I don't really know......). Anyway, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and explained how efficient a courier was and that it was no work or extra effort on his part. Then he asked me to do the "leg work" and look up a flight, which I did, and sent him the details and he said perfect. Then, I guess he decided to log onto paypal and saw the dispute (which I opened when communication was non-existent) and he acted insulted. I explained I opened it prior to him answering my phone call (again, which he only answered because I called from a different number than previously), and I haven't heard a thing since. He promised a refund via the paypal dispute but it hasn't happened by his self assigned deadline, so I upgraded to a claim and he hasn't responded. I tried to explain to him that I really wanted the fish, but I doubt he even has them, or possibly he sold them to someone else. Luckily I'll be getting my money back via paypal, but others should be aware. He was great with communication initially, and he seemed pretty alright, but now he has my payment and he never sent the fish, and it would appear he has no desire to refund it on his own accord after not delivering on his end of the deal. Just a heads up if anybody searches ahead of time.

tiger27924

Back to top Go down

Please Beware of Congo1040 Empty Re: Please Beware of Congo1040

Post by kshill2011 Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:26 pm

i actually went to his house to pick fish up from him. i do not recommend having people ship items from this site. use a trusted site such as aquabid.
kshill2011
kshill2011
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum