Aquatic Hobbyists in Nor Cal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hifin Pleco

2 posters

Go down

Hifin Pleco Empty Hifin Pleco

Post by Rae S Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Anyone else here have the hifin pleco? Was curious just how big hes gonna get... Hes in a 10 gallon and at his rate of growth Im betting hell need a new tank rather soon.. Only had him about 6 months and hes about 4 times what he was. Gorgeous fish, he is one of my favorites.. knows when I flip tank top up hes getting a treat.. feeding algea wafers and shrimp pellets.. hes definitely the boss of the tank, have 3 guorami, a striped cat fish, and a black kooli loach in with him.. He is the largest of all of them.. I have no clue of sex, I just call it a him..

Rae S

Back to top Go down

Hifin Pleco Empty Re: Hifin Pleco

Post by Bluesaltwater87 Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:56 pm

well the Hifin Pelco is one the best looking pelcos i have seen so i give you a thumbs up on that. cheers
when i had my Hifin aka Mr Grey lol.
I learned about my pelco from this web site
http://www.fishlore.com/Profiles-Pleco.htm

Mr Grey was 13 in long in my 40 gallon breeder befor i had to sell him.
but i think they can get about 17in to 19in i think.
But i would recomend getting a bigger tank when yoyu can cause he will out grow a 10 gallon rather quickly
Bluesaltwater87
Bluesaltwater87

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae S Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:05 pm

Thanks for the link Smile Ill be looking thru it.. Id eventually like to get a couple more of them... They are really a nice fish! Ive enjoyed having him in the tank.. I will be moving out of state withen the next 4 months or so, so Ill be getting a much larger tank once my house is thru escrow.. Then he can grow as big as he wants... the couple Im looking at are around 100 gallons for one and the other is going to be 250 to 300 gal.. depends on the space in my house and shop.. So hell have plenty of room soon Smile

Rae S

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesaltwater87 Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:19 pm

sweetness for you bro! Very Happy
hey if you want a aquarium system disign. (plumbing equipment, etc) I do it for everyone here in the forum.
I have them for sizes 10 gallons to 500 gallons.
all i need you to do is tell me what it is you are planing to have and what kind of water (salt/fresh) and all i do is send you a diagram first and tell me if you like it. and eather way it is yours.
Bluesaltwater87
Bluesaltwater87

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae S Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Wow, that would be really cool... Id hate to waste your time doing all that for me though since I wont be getting any big tanks until my move. I only plan on doing freshwater. and nothing too extravagant. Least I dont plan on it LOL.. I love my fish but need time and space to do my snakes as well.. So simple and easy is best

Rae S

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesaltwater87 Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:37 pm

dude it is not a time waister for me i already have the planes made. so i got you covered just tell me what size and ill post it. Very Happy
Bluesaltwater87
Bluesaltwater87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum