A tip from me to you.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A tip from me to you.

Post by Bluesaltwater87 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:07 pm

Here is a tip
NEVER EVER get a damsile as a starter for a tank. there WAY too aggressive. they can take a tank over and i have found that if you want to get fish for a starter than i recomend everyone to get 2 things. (1) green chromis get 3 or 4 or (2) Get some clownfish. not marunes. there like damsiles. Hope this helps.
Bluesaltwater87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A tip from me to you.

Post by kshill2011 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:27 am

lol nice insight.. actually just went through this with my africans lol my julies were bullying my shellies really bad for a day.. then the shellies got their own territory and it evened out.
kshill2011
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesaltwater87 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:04 pm

ya sound good to me wish my damsil would do that.
Bluesaltwater87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dan ray 14 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:36 pm

Damselfish come in a wide range of sizes and colors, but most of these species are quite territorial with each other so you might not want to mix some of them together. For example, the yellow tailed damsel and blue damsel stay relatively small (around 2.5 - 3 inches) but other damsels such as domino damsels or melas damsels grow much larger (5-7 inches in some cases). Damselfish are considered hardy fish and they can be a pleasant display fish if you can keep the aggression in check. The best way to do this is to introduce the fish around the same time and at the same size and provide plenty of visual barriers to break up the territory. Creating rock caves and hides will usually help give each fish a place to retreat and sleep and this can help limit some aggression. To be honest though, you still will find that the damsels will likely establish a "pecking order" of dominance within the tank. This is normal and usually not a major problem unless one of the damsels is much larger or just won't tolerate other tank mates. No Expert on salt water but just sharing my experience and knowledge.

dan ray 14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dan ray 14 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:42 pm

Also what size tank are the damsel in, and tank mates????

dan ray 14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesaltwater87 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:20 pm

The bully in my tank is a domino named duce. and its a 45 gallon tank. it has plunty of room. but he didnt start bullying tell i lost my last clownfish and he just got mad i guess but I have a deal with some of the fish stores in sac and they will buy them off me.
Bluesaltwater87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum