HEY ALL!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HEY ALL!!!!

Post by Bluesaltwater87 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:01 am

hey all my name is matt or you can just call me Blue. I have been in the hobby for a while. i am looking to get a job in the aquatics buisness one day soon (i hope). I am married with no kids. I take care of 4 tanks. one is my 40 gallon saltwater tank with 20 gal sump its been up and running for about 6 mouths now. a 20 gallon freshwater tank. a 55 gallon turtal tank with fish. and a 55 gallon saltwater tank. I had at one point just a 20 gallon long tank with fish. than worked my way up now its all about saltwater for me. cant get enough of this hobby. that is why i wright the reviews so that people can not make the mistake that i have done before. any questions just ask.
Bluesaltwater87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HEY ALL!!!!

Post by bayarea_510 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:27 am

is saltwater easy to do , i am planning on doing a saltwater tank like a bio cube 12 or 29g as a starter
bayarea_510

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesaltwater87 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:57 pm

well it is easy and hard at the same time witch is what makes it fun. and i have seen the bio cube aquariums with saltwater. that have skimmers and little refudgeums and a vary wide assortment of life that can go in them. but i dont reqamend it tho. will a 29g bio cube work? yes it will. but it cost a large amount of money. the 55 gallon saltwater tank that i said befor was a 20 gallon tank the owner was telling me that he wanted a bio cube setup and he showed me what he can spend and what he wanted. i looked over the budget and seen that he was goin to spend 270 bucks on a 29g biocube alone. and it comes with just a filter and a light. so i told him let me look into a few places and see what i can get. i got a 55 gallon tank that came with a 60 gallon filter, heater, lights, gravale, air pumps, food and cems for 65 bucks. we both got the tank than whent and got the supplies that cost 230 bucks all together. now it is a 55 gallon tank with a built in overflow using a dorso stand pipe, with a 20gallon long for a sump/ wet/dry filter with a 150gallon skimmer and a built in refugum in sump, with 2 rio 1400 pumps, a uv steralizer, and still uses the 60 gallon filter.
Bluesaltwater87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesaltwater87 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:05 pm

all we needed to buy really was the plumbing and the live rock, live sand, and the 20 gallon tank. that cost 120 bucks. the skimmer and the lighting cost 60 (led lighting) and 20 bucks for the 2 pumpsand the uv sanitizer. so it was 265 for the setup not 230. lol. but i saved him a lot more. he stilll needed to buy the skimmer and the salt rock and heater. and he loves his tank. he has a few clowns, one yellow tang, a blue hippo tang and some chromis and a flame angle. so you really dont need to spend a lot to get a lot i alwas say.
Bluesaltwater87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bayarea_510 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:44 pm

im getting my biocube 14g with upgraded led lights for $30 , all i got to do is buy sand, live rock, corlas, and fish
bayarea_510

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesaltwater87 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:28 pm

well here is a little tip. get a skimmer. i had to learn the hard way. and that is a SWEET deal bro good for you. any idea on a fish you want? and is i can help you in any way i will.
Bluesaltwater87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum